This is the definitive post with all your links to purchase Invincible, Indiana.
Purchase Invincible from Madison House Publishing. (With signature personalization)
Purchase Invincible from Amazon.com.
Purchase Invincible for the Kindle.
Purchase Invincible for the Nook.
Purchase Invicible for all other e-formats.
Purchase Invincible at a store:
- Metro Arborist Supplies (7055 Coffman Road)
- Tea Pots N Treasures (7 East Market Street on the Circle)
- Indiana State Muesuem Gift Store
List of signings and appearances:
- February 3 at Pike High School basketball game, 7 pm. $5 from every book goes to the athletic department.
- January 7 at Grace College in Winona Lake, IN.
- Signing in Fort Wayne, December 3. Event time is 5-6:30 PM. At Buckets 6282 W Jefferson Blvd
- Book Release Party. Indianapolis Colts Grille 6-7:30 PM. Monday, November 14. 10% off your meal with a purchase of the book!
Summary of Invincible, Indiana
Dale Cooper arrived in tiny Invincible, Indiana determined to coach his way to a better job. He never bargained for a clueless principal, a bitter star, a racist point guard, and a town fiercely proud of 49 consecutive seasons of finishing exactly .500. When it becomes apparent to Dale that neither the town nor his players have any interest in winning, he devises a way to turn everyone's expectations upside down. His gambit forces Invincible to strive for greatness if only to keep their dreams of mediocrity alive.
Set in 1996-1997, Invincible, Indiana explores the myths and motivations that led to the demise of the 'single class tournament' that was the bedrock of Indiana mythology. Both funny and heartbreakingly serious, Invincible, Indiana unpacks the core of the Hoosier state's love affair with basketball. Invincible, Indiana will make you laugh, cry, and cheer, but most of all it will make you rethink everything you thought you knew about the hysteria that was basketball in Indiana.
Author Nate Dunlevy is already one of the most popular voices in Indiana sports coverage. His first book, Blue Blood: Tales of Glory of the Indianapolis Colts, explored the fragile history of the Colts as they fought for a place at the table and struggled to overcome the basketball bias inherent in Indiana. Now he takes on the traumatic final days of one class basketball, using the travails of fictional Invincible, Indiana to consider questions of greatness, fate, and the full court press.