[caption id="attachment_11617" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="INDIANAPOLIS - JANUARY 02: Reggie Wayne #87 of the Indianapolis Colts runs for a touchdown during NFL game against the Tennessee Titans at Lucas Oil Stadium on January 2, 2011 in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)"][/caption] My thoughts on today's game:
- On a day when (I thought) the Colts needed to make a statement, they whimpered. They won, but it took a mistake on a snap exchange and some solid defense to do it. I hate to say this when Peyton Manning is involved, but the Colts' offense sputtered.
- The defense continues to play well, and Justin Tryon was a great pickup by Polian.
- Vinny is 23 for 25 on field goals this year, and yet I still clench my jaw every time he lines up. Tonight he showed why he continues to be money, clutch, or whatever other purse-related metaphor you care to use.
- Dominic Rhodes has been incredible for this team, but you cannot fumble the ball on the potential game-winning drive.
- After having a string of great games, Pierre Garcon once again contracted a case of the dropsies. He absolutely needs to shake it off during the playoffs or the Colts have little chance.
- S Mike Newton, who has been solid on special teams, left with an injury and did not return. We'll see this week if the injury is long-term.