[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="340" caption="Melvin Bullitt hasn't been very good so far this season, but do the Colts have a good replacement?"]has an undisclosed injury.[/caption] According to Phil B Wilson of the Indy Star, head coach Jim Caldwell is being talkative again this week. Wilson tweeted out a pile of information from the Colts' coach today, the most telling being that Melvin Bullitt
More from #Colts' Caldwell, he says S Melvin Bullitt has "an issue he's dealing with," so they signed Stevie Brown. Don't know Mel's injury. Caldwell said it would be on injury report later on.Now, it's unclear whether Brown, who's signing was announced yesterday, would be starting in Bullitt's place come Sunday, or if he's merely depth at a weak safety position. Wilson also had some other news from Caldwell:
- Jeff Linkenbach's spot at right tackle isn't being adjusted right now. Rookie Benjamin Ijalana is progressing, but isn't expected to start anytime soon.
- Caldwell admits he hasn't been doing a good job, "I think that's obvious."
- Gary Brackett and Ryan Diem are both uncertain for Sunday's game against the Steelers. Mike Pollak would start in Diem's place, while Brackett would again be spotted by Pat Angerer.
- Peyton Manning was at practice, walking laps again.
- RB Darren Evans was indeed moved to the practice squad, as we hypothesized yesterday.