- Sam Hornish left INDYCAR after winning the 2006 Indy 500, and he was pretty much the glue that kept the Colts franchise together.
- My then 3-year-old son dropped a hilarious F-bomb, angering the Gods, so they unfairly are punishing ME. (Sorry, all the rest of you! My bad!)
- Chipotle came to Indy, but they unwisely chose not to serve queso, which naturally created “THE CURSE OF THE QUESO-LESS STEAK BURRITO,” because queso-less burritos are worse than North Korea & pediatric gonorrhea COMBINED. Only the Fever will win championships in this town moving forward, per the will of the Universe. Thanks a lot, ChipotlA-HOLES.
- The iPad was invented, and many Colts players bought iPads and have been mightily distracted playing “Where’s My Water?” on their iPads.
- You monsters let “United Skates of America” go out of business/get shut down by the authorities — BOTH THE EAST AND WEST RINKS!! — and this city has been shrouded in a tangible sense of gloom and despair ever since, and that negatively affects the Colts players.
And so forth and so on, there are other reasons too, but these make up the lion’s share.
These and Karma.
Only Bob and I seem to know the truth, it seems.
The rest of you geeks need to get on board, because this season is different! It is full of wonderment and magic and not DVOA-ish nerd talk!!
Wait, what's this? Now you are telling me that Bob says no it is not magic?
You know, sometimes Bob relies entirely on the supernatural realm, other times he shuns it in earnest, YOU JUST NEVER KNOW! That's what makes Bob great. The amount to which he is willing to depend or not depend on magic in any given story is highly variable. He always keeps me guessing.
With Bob as Ryan Grigson's own personal guide to the supernatural, the Colts will be sure to go all the way.
I'll see you all in New Orleans in February...just so long as the pixie dust keeps sprinkling.
(And as I posted to Nate over at Bleacher Report... only the great Wormtongue Kravitz can contradict himself in his own article.)
In fairness to Kravitz, he has to come up with something fresh to write practically every day. It's not a surprise that it's idiotic about half the time.
And in fairness...well, we're all fans, but...um...we all know in that place where logic resides that this IS the statistically worst playoff-bound team in the NFL since whenever. So maybe it IS karma.
@Payton that made me LLOLNMLOL (LITERALLY LAUGH OUT LOUD NOT METAPHORICALLY LAUGH OUT LOUD)
Favorite line Quote Damn. Karma is one colllllld mother Unquote, lol
Oh and by the way that Chipotle queso thing is just stupidity... losers