Next week, the Colts will have to cut their roster down to 75 players by 4 PM ET on Monday afternoon. This is the first step in the journey to a 53-man roster, and will provide hope for a large group of young, unproven players who are fighting for their careers.
Here is my guess at who will be remaining on the Colts' roster on Monday night.
QB: Andrew Luck, Drew Stanton, Chandler Harnish (3)
RB: Donald Brown, Vick Ballard, Delone Carter, Mewelde Moore, Darren Evans (5)
WR: Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, T.Y. Hilton, LaVon Brazill, Donnie Avery, Kris Adams, Jabin Sambrano, Quan Cosby, Griff Whalen, Jeremy Ross (10)
TE: Coby FLeener, Dwayne Allen, Dominique Jones, Kyle Miller (4)
LT: Anthony Castonzo, George Foster, Ty Nsekhe (3)
LG: Joe Reitz, Seth Olsen, Jason Foster (3)
C: Samson Satele, A.Q. Shipley (2)
RG: Mike McGlynn, Mike Tepper, Hayworth Hicks (3)
RT: Winston Justice, Jeff Linkenbach, Steven Baker(3)
LDE: Cory Redding, Ricardo Mathews, James Aiono (3)
NT: Antonio Johnson, Brandon McKinney, Chigbo Anunoby (3)
RDE: Fili Moala, Drake Nevis, Jason Shirley (3)
ROLB: Robert Mathis, Jerry Hughes, Tim Fugger (3)
ILB: Pat Angerer, Kavell Conner, Jerrell Freeman, Moise Fokou, Mario Harvey, Greg Lloyd (6)
LOLB: Dwight Freeeney, Mario Addison, Jerry Brown (3)
RCB: Jerraud Powers, Cassius Vaughn, Chris Rucker, Antonio Fenelus (4)
LCB: Justin King, Korey Lindsey, D.J. Johnson, Brandon King (4)
SS: Tom Zbikowski, Jermale Hines, David Caldwell (3)
FS: Antoine Behea, Joe Lefeged, Mike Newton (3)
K: Adam Vinatieri (1)
P: Pat McAfee (1)
LS: Justin Snow, Matt Overton (2)
- Players on this list I'm least comfortable about: J. Foster, Baker, Fenelus, Fugger, Aiono, Hicks, Anderson, Evans, and Overton. The Colts very well could cut Overton, and I wouldn't be surprised, but I have a feeling they may be grooming him to take over for Snow, who has to be nearing the end.
- I think the corner back situation is one giant mess. Outside of Powers and King, I really don't feel comfortable with any of them. All five of the others I chose could be cut, and I wouldn't be surprised one bit.
- I think the Colts still have a lot to figure out at the receiver position, especially with injuries to Collie and Avery.
- Darren Evans will likely get cut, but I have a feeling they hold on to him for that last preseason game, especially if Carter/Moore are still hurting.
- I have Josh Chapman and Justin Anderson making the team, but being on the PUP/NFI list I don't believe they count towards the roster, hence they are missing on this list.
- I think the Colts are still weaving through thos backup safeties, and will give those four a chance to prove themselves in the last preseason game.
Waiver wire- what will they be looking for?Speaking of that some decent players will be offered up as trades.Looking at CB & S for sure.Interior LBWe are OK at RG but ...And I would sure like a better backup RT than Link.Freeney is just not a run stopping end/LB`r and his rush just isn`t what it used to be.If we need $$$ to make a trade I would understand letting him go.
Quick question, who all do you have getting cut, looking at this list it is hard for me to notice anyone besides Terrence Johnson and Buddy Jackson. Thanks
Nevermind just looked up the old depth chart seems like the guys you have getting cut are:
C Zane Taylor, RT Justin Anderson, TE Andre Smith, WR Jarred Fayson, RB Deji Karim, RB the new guy the picked up, LB Alvester Alexander, DT Jason Shirley, LB Larry Lumpkin, LB Justin Hickman, CB Camerson Chism, SS Latarrius Thomas, FS Matt Merletti, CB Buddy Jackson, and CB Terence Johnson
I can agree with that, I think the only guy that I do see making the next cut for sure is Lumpkin, they offered him a 3 year 1.44 million dollar contract, and he has not had as much time in the league or with the team yet, if he does get cut I expect it to come in the last set of cuts, he may not offer much right away, but I am not sure the Colts will be able to stash him on the practice squad either.
I think the final cut will be a whirling derby because they are going to be on the waiver wire like never beore looking for help.