This afternoon, the Colts released the new unofficial depth chart, courtesy of the team's Instagram account.
- Joe Reitz is back where he belongs at left guard, and Jeff Linkenbach is back where he belongs at backup right tackle. Those positions are where the two played on Sunday, despite last week's listing.
- With Pat Angerer out with a foot injury, Jerrell Freeman takes his place in the starting lineup. Freeman played very well on Sunday, and is my favorite to win the spot by the end of camp.
- Greg Lloyd and Moise Fokou have jumped up to second on the depth chart at inside linebacker. It seems they just needed to get acclimated to Indianapolis after arriving via trade.
- Mario Addison, who played very well against the Rams, has moved up a spot at "Rush" linebacker, now the backup to Dwight Freeney. Addison got a fair amount of playing time on Sunday, and impressed.
- There's been a shake up at corner, where Cassius Vaughn has gone from starting last week (although King started during the actual game), to the third corner behind Jerraud Powers. Korey Lindsay has moved from right corner (second team), to left corner (second team), basically just indicating he is the third corner (behind King/Powers). D.J. Johnson has moved up to the second team after being listed way down as the fourth RCB last week.
A lot of the defense, the offensive line and running game still worry me at initial look. I'm just curious to see the new schemes in action once the real action starts. If the schemes are good, we'll get there, we just don't have all of the right pieces yet.
I really like the depth we have in our front seven. This should be a Nice surprise this season.And WR and TE will be really good too. From Satelle left we will be GOOD. And RG should develope ok. Justice/Link at RT is worrisome. Pagano is a Master at developing secondaries. Might need another year on that one. ;- )
Cassius Vaughn can't do better than 3rd on the depth chart? Is nicked up or just that underwhelming? I was hoping he was gonna be a real contributor when he was acquired. Can anybody guess where a lot of that league high salary cap room will be spent next year? I can.
I look at Brazil as a WR and Hilton a slot guy. I think they are both excellent assets.Grigson is the Man!
@oorza Yes and no. Yes, read in that Brazill is looking good for a 6th round pick. No in that it's unclear who will actually get more playing time.