18to88 Editorial Standards and Practices
1. Tell the truth.
2. Be fair
3. Be smart and funny
4. If you can't be both, be one, and if you have to choose, choose smart.
5. Do what's in the best interests of the Colts.
Nate and Luke Dunlevy have final editorial authority over all content on 18to88.com.
Policy for unnamed sources:
18to88 does not print stories by anonymous sources. If a source is not personally known to the author, it is not a source.
For any reporting:
If a source wants their identity withheld, the following standard must be applied before releasing the story.
1. If the source is trusted and the information is in line with official team communications or public statements, the story can be run with the name withheld.
2. If the information is controversial, potentially damaging, or contrary to the public stance of the Indianapolis Colts, the following steps must be taken to run a story:
1. The source must go on record
2. The story must be confirmed by a second source
In either instance, the Indianapolis Colts must be contacted for a response before the story is run.
All stories involving unnamed sources must be approved by Nate or Luke Dunlevy before posting.
These same policies apply to stories about other entities including but not limited to media figures as well.