My opinion of the "Manning's Mind" commercial is changing. I found it weird and annoying for most of the season, but I've heard multiple people reference it when describing what QBs are thinking. I've joked about it myself on 18 Plays. I don't know how useful it is for selling cell phones, but it may be one of those long remembered ads that gets referenced for for some time.
This interview with Belichick is bizarre. Grilling him over a fist pump? Seriously, Armen?
Even after flaming out in the 18to88.com league, I'm still alive in my other league, and playing the #1 seed. He has Wayne and Clark. I have Gonzo. I like my chances. I imagine AG will play the whole game no matter what. Reggie? I'm not so sure.
Did I just hear that Thomas isn't even playing? HA. Is Cory Simon available?
- The LBs didn't hold the gaps well on that drive. I think we are going to give up 40+ today. There are just too many players out.
- Don't be surprised if this is Manning's only drive of the game. I don't think the team is going to take this one very seriously.
- Gotta love when your starting DE fields a KO. Can you imagine Freeney returning kicks?
- Colts season ticket holders had to pay for 10 games this year. They got exactly 6 meaningful ones. Of those 6, 3 were close and 3 were blowouts. That's 3 good games for the price of 10.
- Hey, the stretch play is back! It's been a while.
- It's good to see the Colts running on downs other than first and 10. They are also running wide more than they did last week. A bad throw by Manning kills the drive, but it was still a good drive for rhythm's sake.
- The D was much more disciplined this time through and forced a punt. It'll be interesting to see if Peyton plays beyond this quarter.
- Addai stops our hearts but looks fine. That last sentence was seriously gay sounding. It might influence how long guys play today.
- Run game? Fine. Check.
- Sweet pass to Reggie to end the quarter. I think we've seen enough to feel good about the offense. Let's finish this drive and pack it in.
- KEITH CATCHES A BALL. That's tomorrow's headline in the Star.
- Kid Joe comes back just long enough to score. Boo yah. Seriously. Let's call it a week.
- From the little I can see, I think this stays a catch. They haven't showed a slo mo yet, but it looked like it just grazed the ground while under Daniel's possession. Yup, I'm right.
- Big drop by Daniels (nice hands, big man). Houston should go for it. Why? Why not. Doesn't hurt anything long term, and says to the Colts that you're game.
- Rushing calls another FC inside the 10. Seriously man. Plant your feet at the 10 and DON'T MOVE BACKWARDS.
- Wonderful. I love watching Manning get sacked and personal fouled (is that a verb). I'm for pulling the starters.
- That throw to Utech was sick. I think Manning wants 4000 yards for the season. He's got 143 so far, so he needs about 200 more in the next week and a half.
- Great RAC by Clark. Again, everything I write today sounds vaguely dirty.
- So much for my hopes that AG would outpace Clark and Wayne. At least I have AV. That's good for an extra point.
- A stupid penalty erases a good special teams stop. Gotta love it.
- Sage Rosenfelds just got his brain eaten.
- Manning is soooo sharp today. He missed a pass in the first quarter for a first down, and it's like he's pissed about it.
- Manning nails my fantasy coffin shut with another TD to Clark. This team looks amazing right now.
- Peyton hits 30 TD passes again. He is now less than 200 yards from 4000. Seems like he's intent on getting it.
- Tony is UPSET about the Jackson PF call. I can't wait to see what happens with that this week.
- The D plays with great pride and picks up MJax. The Zombie makes a big hit and the Texans wuss out by punting. Seriously, how about trying to win?
- Meanwhile around the league: Cleveland is not a good team. Don't be fooled. They are one dimensional, and that dimension won't work in January.
- Ok, I'm putting this blog to bed. If the starters come out and play in the 2nd half, I'll write more. If not, I'm done.
- Yikes, we are still rolling with the starters. I guess they just really want to be ready. This feels like a statement game. It also feels like Manning is a lock for 4000. He only needs 98 more yards. He might get it today at this rate.
- Geeze, running the end around to Clark is high comedy. It's like Peyton is intent on destroying my fantasy season.
- Many congrats to Clifton Dawson. This team looks simply awesome right now.
- It seems like there have been major substitutions on defense. I think we've officially entered garbage time.
- Nice play by Sessions. I love the comment that the Texans are more competitive when they have balance. I think they are more competitive when Bob Sanders isn't in the game. As I type this Giordano gets another pick. High comedy ensues here in Nap town.
- Manning is still in? I guess this is just a glorified practice anyway. Still, it's nice to watch the run game flourish.
- TD Wayne. Yawn. Ok. That's it. Please?
Well, I think we are all proud and amazed by this team today. The defense could have just folded up tent, but they never did. Guys played with serious verve and passion. The offense was sharp in all phases. In short, this was as complete and dominant a win as I've seen from this team. Good job boys.